I saw my first accident today! Or, rather, I heard it. I just ignored the loud smashing sound at first and continued walking, because that's a pretty normal thing to hear in the city. When every single person on the street around us started running simultaneously in one direction though, I realized what must have happened. It turned out a minibus had been hit by one of the bigger buses in an intersection. How exciting! No one was hurt, luckily.
I'm really surprised that I haven't seen more accidents though. The people here drive the way they live, really really close together. Cars somehow manage to fit into tiny gaps in traffic, and a taxi ride is...quite the experience. Parking is also pretty insane. Seeing cars d
After we walked by the big accident, we crossed a small one-way side street and saw a backup of about 4 or 5 cars that had turned onto the street, but couldn't move because of the car that was driving up the street the wrong direction. I'm not sure how they resolved that...

No comments:
Post a Comment